It's almost official! We are having another girl! I had an ultrasound the day after Valentine's Day and the doctor said that there is a 90% chance that it is a girl. The baby was being really shy so they couldn't get the best picture but they are pretty sure.
We all thought it was a boy so Don and I were a little surprised, at first, but we are thrilled! We love our girls and look forward to more pigtails, princess parties and dress ups and we can't wait to meet her!
We came home and told our kids and got a few mixed reactions. Elle started jumping up and down cheering, Jayne just smiled and Easton burst into tears. He and Elle were convinced it was a boy so he had his heart set on it. We kept telling the kids before the ultrasound that it could be a girl but they thought it was a boy. He cried and we told him what an awesome brother he is to Elle and Jayne and how great he will be with this new baby. He said, "But, I want a brother. I want to share bunk beds and teach him boy stuff. Who am I going to play with when Elle and Jayne are doing girl stuff?" He was so sad. It broke my heart. He is such a sweet little boy. We told him that he will always be buddies with Daddy and could do "boy stuff" with him. He still hasn't given up on the idea of a brother though. When people ask what we are having and we say girl, he will say, "It isn't for sure. It could still be a boy." Funny Easton!
One thing I know for sure, boy or girl, this baby will be an amazing addition to our family and we are so excited!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Congratulations!
Congrats!!
so exciting Summer! What a cutie Easton is! You might have to try again for him! :)
Post a Comment