Drawers are constantly being emptied all over the floor, there is more food on the floor than in her mouth after eating, we have elastics on all our cupboard doors to keep little hands from getting in and Jayne has found her very loud "this is what I want" voice. She can definitely get my attention. Easton told me the other day that he wished he had a button on his face to turn off his ears so he didn't have to hear Jayne when she screamed. How hilarious is that?
Funny thing is, I actually LOVE that Jayne has reached the "terrible" twos. I love that she can move around and get into things. I love that she likes to eat and can feed herself, no matter how messy. I love that she has a mind of her own. I love that she has a voice and wants us to hear it. (Sometimes I wish that voice wasn't quite so loud...but I still love it.)
I don't know if it is because Jayne is my third child and I have finally learned to relax a little more or if it is a change in perspective since having Jayne. Probably both. Whatever the reasons, I know these moments are fleeting. I heard someone say once, "The days are long, but the years are short." It is so true. I look back on when Elle and Easton were younger and it seems like yesterday. They are growing up too fast and I miss those busy two-year-old days with them.
I want to enjoy every moment, including the "oh-so-terrible twos." And when the tantrums come, I will just pretend I have a button on my face to turn off my ears. :)
One of Jayne's favorite things to do everyday is dump the markers out and push them all around. I'm not really sure how many are still under the stove.
Another favorite thing is pulling her clothes out of her drawer. (The stickers on her head are from Easton)
Jayne has started eating at the counter with Easton and she loves it!
If the dishwasher is open, Jayne scoots over and tries to pull things out or maybe just climb in.
4 comments:
So adorable! I love her with her hair down, she looks so grown up that way! How cute is that picture with her little skirt showing a little diaper?
Seriously, I can't get over how ADORABLE she is!!!! She looks SO old in all these pictures and her hair is so long!!! I just laughed through the whole post because I have one exactly the same about BRee at this same age!!! I also laugh when I see all the same clothes our girls have! Where is that black skirt from though? Ir is so stinkin cute!
THANKS for your donation!!! You don't know how much it means to us!
Are you going to the moms night on saturday? I am hoping to so I hope you can!!!
As for the button, you should be able to copy the html code and then add an html gadget on your blog and paste the code in there.
Thanks again!
Kecia
It's a good thing she such a little cutie!! Makes up for all those messes!
I love her tippy toe picture. So cute.
I'm so glad you blog Summer! I love the photos of the kids! I am so enjoying the unfolding development of Jayne! What a sweet little girl she is! I just love her! Mom :)
Post a Comment