Friday is a good day. Not just because it means that the weekend is almost here, but because Friday is the day I get to take Jayne to Gymboree class. It is my time with Jayne --without the distractions of home or my other kids. And we just play... I follow her lead and she shows me where she wants to go and what she wants to do--going down the slide, climbing a ladder, riding the rocking horse, playing with balls, going through tunnels, playing peek-a-boo, etc. She LOVES it! And because she loves it, I love it too! Then it is parachute time and one of Jayne's favorite activities--dance freeze. All the kids get maracas and they shake them to the music. Jayne gets so excited and just screams! When the music stops, she holds her finger up to her mouth to say, "Shhh." It is pretty cute! Then comes the bubbles--another one of Jayne's favorite things! She puts her hands in the air, claps her hands and screams for the bubbles too! Jayne definitely isn't shy about letting people know when she loves something. All the other parents look over and smile because they know Jayne loves her bubbles. She is so cute scooting around popping bubbles so carefully with her pointer finger. We sing more songs (Jayne screams "Yeah" and claps after every one), make a parachute house and then do a walking train with the kids. Then, it is time to go and all the kids say goodbye to "Gymbo" the clown. It is the cutest thing seeing them all give Gymbo a kiss. Yep, Jayne loves Gymboree and I love seeing those beautiful little almond eyes smile.
When I look back on that
first class I took her to, we have come a long way. I guess I should say,
I have come a long way. It was never hard for Jayne, but that first class was hard for me. It was the first time I didn't have the safety of my circle of family or friends with me and Jayne was side-by-side with typical kids her age. It was a harsh reality and made the fact that she still wasn't doing certain things very obvious. I felt like people were staring-- wondering why she wasn't walking or even crawling on her knees. And for some reason, I felt like I had to justify it. I remember almost starting to cry a few times in that first class. But I just kept reminding myself that this is for Jayne and she loves it! It doesn't matter what anyone else is thinking or how hard it might be for me. This is for Jayne and I would do anything for my sweet little girl.
Now, five months later, I don't give a second thought to what anyone else is thinking. I love seeing Jayne's face light up when I tell her we are going to Gymboree and I love every second we spend together there. Jayne is climbing, she is cruising and I know she will walk one day soon. Until then...boy can she make people smile!!! I am SO very lucky to be her momma!

I love my little girl!!!
She definitely gets around!

Playing peek-a-boo
Looking for the balls
"More balls please!"

"Look at how many I have!"
Jayne loves bubbles!
She gets so excited shaking the maracas!

Although it looks like she is eating her maraca, she is actually saying "Shhh" during the freeze part of "Dance Freeze"

Kissing Gymbo goodbye
2 comments:
I swear I am looking at Bree in so many of these pictures!!! Crazy!! !It makes me want her that size again! She looks like she is doing awesome!!
Love the Gymbo puppet. Sweet little kiss!
Post a Comment