Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Little Snow Shoes

We took our kids snow shoeing for the first time and had SO much fun! We told them we were just going to go up in the mountains and play around in the snow so when we got out of the car and pulled out little snow shoes for them, they were so excited! Elle got purple and Easton got some with flames on them. Elle has been begging to go for a while now and she especially loved it! She always wanted to be in the lead and was pretty disappointed when we had to turn around and head back to the car. She wanted to go to the top. (I love that determination!) Easton liked it too but his little legs got tired after a while. Jayne just loved going along for the ride in the back pack. She just smiled and kept pulling off her gloves and hat. I had to bring up the rear to pick up anything Jayne threw out. Funny little girl!

At one point hiking up, I looked over at Don and said, "This is a dream. I love this!" We were snow shoeing in the mountains on a beautiful, sunny day and I was with my favorite people in the whole world! I was so glad that the kids were happy and we were there together. It was one of those perfect moments when you just can't stop smiling.



How cute are they?













I love these pictures because it totally shows their personalities. Easton is laid back and a little cautious. He isn't really in a rush to get anywhere. Elle, on the other hand, wants to be in the lead and get there first. She is a determined little soul! Super fun day!

2 comments:

kecia said...

this looks SO awesome! I have always wanted to try snowshoeing and how fun to do it with the whole family! Where did you go? I want to try this!

Heidi & Scott Smith said...

are you kidding me? those little snow shoers are the cutest things ever! especially with their very own little packs. you two are such fun parents!