Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Worries of Tomorrow

I have been having a hard time the past few months.  I don't know if I am just emotional because of pregnancy but I feel like I am in a state of constant worry. I worry about Jayne.  Some of my concerns that I had when she was born have come back.  She has gotten a lot harder ever since she turned three and it is hard to see her friends moving so far ahead of her.  I worry about her future.  Will she be able to speak well?  Will she be able to go to school with her peers and do all the things that she wants to do?  I worry that I am not doing enough for her. I worry that having another baby will take away time that I should be helping her.  I worry about this new baby coming to our family.  Will she be healthy?  Will she know how much we love her?  Will I be able to take care of 4 kids and give each of them the time that they deserve?

Amidst all this worry, Don has been my rock.  He has been so positive and understanding.  He read an article about stress and worry and it said to not let the worries of tomorrow rob you of the joys of today.  If we spend all our time worrying about the future or what might happen, we will miss all the joy of the moment.  I decided to make that my new motto.  Jayne is doing amazing and I need to stop worrying about the future and just enjoy every moment with her today. She is such a cute little girl!  And our new little baby coming will be the perfect addition to our family.  I love all my kids and I will do the best that I can to teach them and help them do everything they want to in life.  All we can do is our best!
So now when I start to worry, I am going to try and remember...

"Don't let the worries of tomorrow rob you of the joys of today!"

No comments: