Ever since Jayne was born, she has had a long belly button. We kept thinking that it would shrink down over time but it hasn't. I finally went to see a pediatric surgeon about it to make sure everything was ok. He said Jayne had an umbilical hernia and a lot of extra skin that would get in the way and bother her as she got older. So, yesterday Jayne had surgery to get her hernia fixed and she got a new belly button too!
Before surgery in her cute hospital pajamas
Jayne is clapping in this picture. She just learned a couple of days ago. It is so cute! She loved the crinkly paper.
Her belly button that literally hangs over her pants
The operating room was busy so we ended up having to wait for a few hours. Jayne was such a trooper. She hadn't eaten since 9:30 and didn't go into surgery until almost 3pm. She is so sweet! When the doctor finally came to take her, it was kind of sad. It is the weirdest thing seeing a man you don't really know walk off with your baby.
After her surgery, she was pretty upset. She was so hungry and tired.
Luckily, it is a simple surgery so we got to bring her home that night
4 comments:
I have to read your blog to find out about this stuff. Glad she's ok.
i am glad everything went well! She is so cute! She makes me miss BRee being that liuttle. I wanted to go to the mini conference but it is adrie's birthday and she is having a sleepover the night before so i don't know how I will make it. I REALLY want to get together with you so I am going to find a time that we can...
What an ordeal for such a little girl! I love the pictures of her clapping before the surgery, so cute. Your family pictures are gorgeous!
Oh my gosh! She is so cute! i can't believe she is getting so big! I want to eat her, she is adorable! Calm down Don, I don't mean that literally. haha
Post a Comment