Jayne turned 1 on December 16th! I can't believe that our baby girl is already a year old. She is the sweetest little girl and brings so much joy to our family! A year ago, Don and I were shocked to find out, minutes after Jayne's birth, that she most likely had Down Syndrome. We were confused, scared and didn't really know what to do or what to expect for the future. The test came back positive Christmas Eve day and needless to say, it was a really hard, emotional time. A year later, we know that life does go on. Jayne is just Jayne. She has the cutest smiley, brown eyes, brown hair, skinny little legs, the cutest dimple and a contagious smile that lights up a room. She is our little girl and we love her so much! There isn't anything that we wouldn't do for her. We still have days where it is hard to really accept that she has Down Syndrome and we worry about her development and wonder if we are doing enough. We still don't know what the future will bring, but I do know she has already opened our eyes a lot to a world we didn't ever dream we would be a part of. She has taught us things that we couldn't have learned without her and has reminded us time and time again what is really important. She has already touched the lives of so many people. She is our little girl, with a little something "extra."
Of course, we had to have a party to celebrate Jayne's 1st birthday! Don and Diane, Ken and Mitch came to have dinner and celebrate with us. Don made delicious steaks on the grill and we had sweet potato casserole and asparagus to go with it. (Jayne loves sweet potatoes!) After dinner, Jayne opened presents with a lot of help from Elle, Easton and Mitch. She was so excited seeing new toys. We sang "Happy Birthday" and let her devour her own little cake. It was so cute seeing her get so messy. She loves chocolate already! We put her in the sink to wash her off and she was giggling so cute in the water. My favorite sound in the world is my kids giggling! It was such a fun little party. Happy Birthday Princess Jayne! We love you!

Jayne opening up her new puppy "Violet" from us
Easton and Elle picked out the cutest muscial toy! Jayne was so excited!
She really got into opening presents and would get so excited waiting for the next gift! She loved all the attention!
She got a new muscial, light up toy from Gma Diane and Gpa Don and a cute new dress
Uncle Ken and Jayne
Jayne and Mitch with the puppy he and Ken got her
Jayne loves balloons!
I made my first fondant cake for Jayne's birthday. It took a long time but it was fun to make. I made chocolate with chocolate buttercream frosting. (I called my poor sister about 50 times with questions so I'm sure she is glad it is over.)








.jpg)
It was so cute to see her eating her cake. She rubbed her eyes and got it all over!
We put Jayne in our sink to clean off the cake before her bath. She loved it and was giggling so cute playing with the water! It was adorable.
3 comments:
I seriously can't believe how good that cake turned out. You are so talented. So when does Summer's Bakery open?
She is sooooo adorable! I can't believe it has already been a year. I just love her, and I can't wait to see all you guys this weekend! p.s. thanks for the love on the cake. You know how I like my credit! haha
I have been thinking about you alot and how we REALLY need to get together so we can talk...I have not had a minute to respond to your email but I want to. Happy birthday to Jayne! I am WAY impressed with that cake! She is so cute...it makes me miss BRee being that little! I cried reading the first part of this post....because it is so true!
Post a Comment