Thursday, January 14, 2010

Happy New Year

Happy New Year!!! I can't believe that it is 2010! I thought for sure we would all be in flying cars by now...

2009 was a good year filled with a lot of fun times and some great opportunities for learning and growing too. We did a lot as a family-- hiking, camping, fun trips, get togethers with friends, and just had fun with our cute little kids. It was good, but I am ready for the New Year! We sat down with the kids one night and made resolutions. It was pretty funny because they thought of their own. Elle said she wants to learn to play the piano, get better at gymnastics, eat less candy, and not be scared at night. (She has a really hard time getting to sleep. Hopefully, it is just a phase because we have tried everything!) Easton said he wants to eat his dinner better (without being asked 10 times), do well in school and not get things up high. (I thought it was pretty funny he thought of that.) Jayne really wants to learn to crawl and walk this year! (Here's to hoping!)

The other night I was putting Easton to bed and talking with him. I told him how much fun I had doing Legos with him and he said that we could do it the next day too. Then he said, "But mom, no dishes, ok. Remember when you wake up in the morning, no dishes." It was a priority check for me. My kids are not going to care if the house was always perfect when they are grown but they will remember if we played with them. They are growing up too fast! I told Don the other day that Easton probably won't have his cute little chubby cheeks and chubby fingers for much longer. He is growing up and turning into a little boy. Elle has already told us that she no longer likes Disney Princesses. She says she is too old for that. I helped her clean out most of her crowns and wands. Too weird! At least Jayne is staying little longer. So...

Don and I both have New Years resolutions to play more with the kids and have more outings with them individually. We call them Daddy-kid and Mommy-kid dates. I also want to spend less time taking care of the house and more time actually "playing" with the kids. We want to enjoy this time with them before they are so busy with school and other activities.


A few pics from New Years in St. George...
We spent New Years with Don's family in St. George. We were all able to fit into one condo, which was so nice. We were with Don & Diane, Tami & Glenn and their family, and Lei & Devin and their family.



Lindsay and Jayne



Lots of games--Rook and Scrabble are always favorites! (Diane, Tami, Jeremy, Glenn)



Elle and Easton loved being with cousins and had so much fun playing at the park, swimming and playing games (Travis, Trevor, Easton, Blake, Spencer, Elle)



Tami, Lei, Diane and I all tied fleece blankets for our kids




Elle helped tie all of them. She loved it and showed us the best way to do it because she had just done it in school.


Easton loved the pool. It was so warm!


Natalie used to always trick her dad, Jay, (Don's brother) into sweeping the floor for her by asking him just how to do it properly. It is a fun memory of her dad. In this picture, Don was "tricking" Natalie into sweeping for him.



Whenever we go to St.George, we go to Thomas Judd's candy store and get some fun old fashioned treats. The kids loved it!



Jayne with Gpa holding tight to her sucker



My cute niece, Natalie

2 comments:

kecia said...

what a great reminder about actually enjoying and playing with the kids! That is a resolution I want to make this year too! They are growing up way too fast and I know I will miss it very soon! It is always hard to manage everything and fit it all in but I need to remind myself that the cleaning and other stuff will always be there...the kids won't.

kecia said...

Bree started taking steps about a month and a half before her 2nd birthday.....we REALLY need to get together and chat. Email me your phone number again...I can't seem to find it.