We left a night early from Aspen Grove so we could hurry home, do some laundry and pack again to leave the next morning for another family reunion. My brothers and sisters flew in and we all drove to Rupert, Idaho to celebrate my cute Grandma's 80th birthday and spend time with all my dad's family. It was SO much fun! I haven't seen some of my cousins for 10 years so it was really nice to be with everyone. I have so many good memories at my grandma's house. We would visit at least once a year growing up and had so much fun with all our cousins, who all lived there. We would play games, sleep on the trampoline, ride the 4-wheelers, play around in the old farm equipment, make forts in the haystacks, go on the boat, play night games like "Daddy shot all the bears last night" and just explore. Grandma would call us in when it was time for lunch or dinner and always made the best food. Don loves her amazing home made bright green pickles and says we need to learn to make them. She ALWAYS had cookies for us in her cookie jar too. Grandpa was always there working on the farm or making some gadget in his shop. He always said the funniest things. It was so fun talking with Grandma and Grandpa and we loved playing games with them, especially Dominoes. I was so glad my kids got to go to "Grandma's house" because it is such a great place!
The reunion was so fun! We had a big BBQ lunch with everyone and then visited. My Aunt Sandra organized all kinds of fun activities for the kids, which they loved. We had cake to celebrate my Grandma's birthday and roasted hot dogs over a fire for dinner that night. The next day Don got up early and left to go to his Grandma's funeral a few hours away. I stayed with the kids because we knew they wouldn't do well at a funeral. We went to the Rupert 4th of July parade and then played volleyball, board games, some went boating, the kids ran through sprinklers and we all went and saw some great fireworks over the Snake River that night. Thank you to my dad and all his siblings for planning everything and making it all so fun!

Grandma's house

Elle and Mason

Easton and Memphis were so excited to play together!

Lilah and Jayne

One of the best parts of being on a farm is just exploring...

And playing in the dirt... (Lilah was covered in dirt but she was loving it!)

My dad grilling up a ton of tri-tip steak for everyone

Visiting

Some of the little kids-Andrew, Sydney, Emily, Halle, Memphis, Easton, Elle, Mason

Scott and Heidi's cute little baby Alec

Don and Jayne

Parachute fun for the kids


Grandma with her birthday cake

Grandma and Grandpa on their wedding day

Grandma and all the grandkids

Grandma and all the great grandkids (Trying to get that many kids to smile and look is impossible)

Lots of volleyball

Don and Todd with the kids

Me with my sisters Sena and Heather and baby Jayne

Roasting hot dogs for dinner


Our family with Grandma

Elle and Easton loved jumping on the trampoline


Sum, Josh, Sena, Scott, Alec, Heidi, my dad, Easton, Elle, Grandma Darla

Elle on stilts my Grandpa made for the grandkids

Blowing bubbles

Jayne playing with a tractor

I didn't have any girl cousins my age, growing up, but Wayne and I always played together.
4TH OF JULY PARADE




Gathering candy

Uncle Josh and Elle


FIREWORKS


My Uncle Jack lives on the Snake River by his brother and they put on an amazing fireworks show everyone

We stopped at my Grandpa's grave on our way home. I wish my kids could have known him but I'm glad Don got a chance to. He was a great man! He had a deep stern voice but twinkly eyes. His famous phrase when it came time to eat, "Take all you want but eat all you take!"
1 comment:
hey we have cousins in rupert! I bet they know eachother! Looks like fun! I LOVE Jayne's hair in pigtails! It makes her look so old! We really do need to get together! I will call you...we have had sicknesses of sorts around here too. I hope Jayne gets off oxygen soon....call me if you have a minute!
Post a Comment