Monday, November 8, 2010

Our little girl

A few weeks ago, I was talking to a friend at the gym and she was asking about Jayne. She asked about Jayne's health and wondered if she was walking yet. I told her that Jayne wasn't walking yet but was close. Then she asked, "So, is it just a challenge everyday?" I said, "Honestly, I am just so thankful for Jayne everyday." It just came out and it is the truth. I am SO thankful for Jayne every day. She is such a blessing to our family and I am grateful for all that she has taught us and continues to teach us. I am grateful for the joy that she brings into our home and her sweet nature. I am grateful for her hugs and kisses and little laugh. She keeps us grounded, reminds us of what really matters and helps us to enjoy even the little things. Of course it is still hard at times. There are definitely still days when I wonder what I'm doing and how I will ever be able to help Jayne enough. There are still moments when I want to cry because her differences have just been made very clear. Sometimes it is hard...

But when I think of Jayne, I don't think of her as a challenge. I truly do think of her as an incredible blessing for all of us and all that know her. When Jayne was first born, I had a hard time accepting the fact that she has Down Syndrome. Every time I thought about it, my eyes would fill up with tears. Now, almost two years later, I still get all teary eyed when I think about Jayne-- but now, it is not because I am sad but because of how far we've come and how grateful we are for her.

The moment Jayne was born, I thought that our life would never be the same because we had a child with Down Syndrome. I was right...but now I know that's not a bad thing. Jayne is just Jayne and she is beautiful! We love our little girl!

(This video has been circulating and I just love it so I had to share)







1 comment:

kecia said...

Oh summer...I love this post! I can.t get over how cute Jayne is! I totally agree with your feelings about our angels and how are families are forever changed....for the better!