Elle and Easton have been asking for hamsters for a while now. They have little pet frogs--Megatron and Aramina--but they really want a pet they can touch and hold. We finally gave in. Well, actually, Don finally gave in. I've never been a real fan of anything that resembles a mouse but Don says he had hamsters as a kid and they are good pets. I agreed, as long as I never have to be the one to clean the cage out and I never find it running around in my bed. Elle and Easton were thrilled! We told them if they paid for the hamsters that we would pay for the cage and then off we went to the pet store. We found two cute little Robo hamsters and Elle and Easton were sold. They picked out names and couldn't wait to bring them home!

We brought them home and they sat and watched the hamsters in their cage for a long time. I have to admit they are pretty cute! It was so fun to see Elle and Easton so excited!

Elle named hers "Lilly" and Easton named his "Cosmo." (He is a true BYU fan and has named about three of his stuffed animals Cosmo too.)

After about a week, we had to get a different cage for the hamsters because the wheel in the old one was making a mess everywhere. They can see them a lot better now too.

Easton and Cosmo
1 comment:
I was told you couldn’t have two hamsters in the same cage because they fight too much. You’ll have to let me know how these two do together. Not that I want another pet. But just for future reference. Ha.
Post a Comment