Tuesday, September 6, 2011

KSL news story and Jayne



Jayne's therapist asked us to do this story for KSL. Jayne loves books and has a great attention span so she was a good fit. I was a little hesitant because I didn't want to be on TV but she said all I had to do was read to her so I agreed. That morning I got the call from KSL and was told that I was going to be interviewed too. I was NOT excited and SO nervous!!! And of course, Jayne woke up with a little fever and was definitely not herself. I told them but they still wanted us to do it because they couldn't get a replacement at the last minute. I had a feeling it was an ear infection, so I gave her some Tylenol and we went to do the story at the Kari Sue Hamilton school. Stacey, Jayne's Physical therapist, came and we got to see Becca, her Occupational therapist, that we haven't seen in a long time since Jayne started walking. They were all cheering her on. Even though Jayne was a little lethargic and less vocal than usual, she was still adorable and absolutely loved looking at and reading the books. I answered a few questions on camera and was glad when it was all over. I think I'll stick to being behind the camera and leave the TV stuff to Jayne. She was SO cute!!!

(From there we headed to the doctor's office and sure enough-- she had an ear infection. Thank goodness for antibiotics!)

1 comment:

Kristin said...

Somehow I missed this post - so cool!