I took Easton and Jayne to the zoo last week. We usually go with friends but it was actually really nice to just be with the kids and as Easton says, we got to have "Mommy and Easton time." We haven't been all summer so it was fun to see all the animals and Jayne's reaction. It was so cute to see her pointing at everything and trying to talk. We got to see the monkeys, elephants, rhinos, tigers and we even walked through the small animal house. I always wish we could skip that one because it is so stinky in there but Easton loves seeing the snakes, lizards, turtles, and spiders. His favorite thing this time though was the special exhibit featuring all the "misunderstood" animals--mosquitos, tarantulas, vulchers and bats--pretty much the creepy ones, but that's why Easton loved it! He is such a boy! They both LOVED the carousel ride! Easton rode on a snake and I put Jayne on a jaguar, because it is kind of like a tiger. She loves tigers and thinks almost everything, except for a dog and a monkey, growl like one. It is so cute!
We got to see the bird show too. Easton loved it! We had birds flying right over our heads. We had to duck a few times. It was pretty neat to see our national bird, the bald eagle.
My favorite part of the day though was sitting and having lunch at the zoo. Easton and I talked and he says the cutest things. I was telling him how he was going to start preschool soon and asked him if he was excited. He said he was so excited! Then I told him that I didn't know if I could let him go all the time because I would miss him too much! He said, "Mom, you don't want me to go to the celestial kingdom?" I smiled and said, "Of course I do Easton." Then he said, very matter-of-factly, "Well, then you have to let me go to preschool so I can learn so I won't be naughty!" Well, what do you say to that? This kid is a thinker!


Easton was so excited to ride on the snake!

I had to put Jayne on something close to a tiger. She absolutely loved the carousel!




The bird show

What an amazing bird!
No comments:
Post a Comment