We just got back from a really fun trip to Hawaii with Don and Diane. Don's grandma has a time share in Laie so, with a place to stay at the Hukilau house, we couldn't resist going and spending time as a family. We played on the beach, swam in the water, went to the Polynesian Cultural Center and got to see Pearl Harbor. The best part though was just being there together without the distractions of daily life. Great memories!
BEACH
Elle and Easton LOVED playing in the water and jumping the waves
Don got to do some boogie boarding
Jayne had so much fun playing in the sand and kept trying to eat it
We had fun building sandcastles with the kids
Digging for crabs with Grandpa
Swimming with Grandma
Burying Easton in the sand
Easton and I had fun burying Don in the sand
Elle was so excited to get a grass skirt
Funny faces
We love Matsumotos snow cones!!!
LUAU AT THE POLYNESIAN CULTURAL CENTER
Don and Diane were so nice and watched Jayne one night so we could take Elle and Easton to the Luau and night show at the Polynesian Cultural Center. It was fun to have some time with just them.
The Pig at the Luau
Luau Dancer
We go all the way to Hawaii and what do Elle and Easton choose for their souvenirs? Light sabers
The night show at the PCC
We all went back to the Polynesian Cultural Center the next day to visit all the different villages and shows. It was so much fun!
In the Samoan show, a guy climbed up a coconut tree
WAIMEA FALLS PARK
We went and walked around Waimea Falls Park. Even though the Falls were really small, it was still really pretty.
Palm Tree fish
Looking for fish in the Tidepools at Shark's Cove
PEARL HARBOR
Don and Diane watched the kids for us and Don and I got to go to Pearl Harbor. It was an amazing sight and so moving.
It is crazy to see part of the ship above the water and oil still floating on the surface
On our way back to the kids, we stopped at a beach by Turtle Bay
oh this looks so fabulous! I have never been to Hawaii! You look fabulous in all the pictures too....no fair! What a great vacation! Are you coming thursday to playgroup at my house, I am having ds playgroup from 11:30-1:30 at my house this thursday
3 comments:
Looks like you guys had so much fun! I still can't believe that we have never done a vacation with you guys! We need to get one planned :)
oh this looks so fabulous! I have never been to Hawaii! You look fabulous in all the pictures too....no fair! What a great vacation! Are you coming thursday to playgroup at my house, I am having ds playgroup from 11:30-1:30 at my house this thursday
Those kids are so beautiful! I miss them, it makes me so sad we don't get to see you guys more!
Post a Comment