I had such a great birthday! Our niece, Natalie, who is in college, kept telling us how she wanted to come and watch our kids overnight for us. So, Don surprised me and had her come the night before my birthday and we went and stayed downtown. We had so much fun! I LOVE being a mom but sometimes it is nice to have time as just a couple again too. We had dinner at The Paris restaurant, played in an arcade for a while and saw a movie. We went back to our hotel and loved just being able to sleep in. The next morning, we got to hang out at the pool for a couple of hours and just sit. So nice! It was so much fun but I was anxious to get back to the kids. When we got back to the house, they had made the cutest cards and a yummy cake. I missed them!!! They had a lot of fun with Natalie and absolutely adore her. She is the best! We played games together and just had fun! What a great day!
Friday, September 3, 2010
Thirty, thirty one, THIRTY TWO...
The birthdays just keep coming. I can't believe that I am 32! Time flies when you are having fun... My older, wiser sister, Sena, told me a few years ago how much she loved being in her thirties. I have to agree. So far, so good. Besides the fact that gravity is starting to take its toll, I feel like I am finally grown up and I am comfortable in my own skin. It is a good feeling...
I had such a great birthday! Our niece, Natalie, who is in college, kept telling us how she wanted to come and watch our kids overnight for us. So, Don surprised me and had her come the night before my birthday and we went and stayed downtown. We had so much fun! I LOVE being a mom but sometimes it is nice to have time as just a couple again too. We had dinner at The Paris restaurant, played in an arcade for a while and saw a movie. We went back to our hotel and loved just being able to sleep in. The next morning, we got to hang out at the pool for a couple of hours and just sit. So nice! It was so much fun but I was anxious to get back to the kids. When we got back to the house, they had made the cutest cards and a yummy cake. I missed them!!! They had a lot of fun with Natalie and absolutely adore her. She is the best! We played games together and just had fun! What a great day!

Our niece, Natalie, and the kids with the cake they made and cards they wrapped (Elle and Easton love wrapping anything and pull out random boxes and bows. I love seeing what they put together. This Christmas box is a favorite for wrapping.)


Easton made this adorable card, complete with spiders that he drew and a caterpillar made of bendaroos. He even wrote the letters himself. I love this little boy!
I had such a great birthday! Our niece, Natalie, who is in college, kept telling us how she wanted to come and watch our kids overnight for us. So, Don surprised me and had her come the night before my birthday and we went and stayed downtown. We had so much fun! I LOVE being a mom but sometimes it is nice to have time as just a couple again too. We had dinner at The Paris restaurant, played in an arcade for a while and saw a movie. We went back to our hotel and loved just being able to sleep in. The next morning, we got to hang out at the pool for a couple of hours and just sit. So nice! It was so much fun but I was anxious to get back to the kids. When we got back to the house, they had made the cutest cards and a yummy cake. I missed them!!! They had a lot of fun with Natalie and absolutely adore her. She is the best! We played games together and just had fun! What a great day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment