Thursday, March 10, 2011

Starting to Walk!

Jayne has finally starting to take some steps!!! And you'll never guess what got her to try...

Jayne LOVES music! She insists on having music on in the car and will request "Belle" (Beauty and the Beast) every time. She loves when we sing silly songs with motions and she giggles and claps. She loves to dance and will move her body back and forth or wave her arms around. It is adorable! But the other day, when she asked for music and we started to dance, instead of just waving her arms, she stood up and walked a few steps. I couldn't believe it! She fell, laughed, got back up again and walked a few more steps. It was the cutest thing ever! We were all so excited! Jayne was having a blast with Elle and Easton and I didn't want the moment to end so we kept on "dancing" for as long as she wanted to! She was so proud of herself and I couldn't stop smiling and cheering my little girl on. I guess she thinks that dancing is walking, like when we do "Ring around the rosy." We're going to go with it and do a lot more booty shakin' at our house. After feeling pretty discouraged lately, this was a definite victory! We may have found the right motivation to get Jayne walking...our little girl loves to dance!!!

5 comments:

Amy @ OurScoop said...

That is the cutest thing EVER!!!! I love her giggles and her cute big sister encouraging her! What a cute bond they have!!! Go Jayne!!

Heidi & Scott Smith said...

Yay!!! How cute! I love her little laughs :)

us said...

Sum, I love it! The best is her giggling between steps!

Heather said...

obsessed with her! come visit please!!

C and K said...

She is precious!!!!!!!!!