Thursday, December 1, 2011

Witches, Pumpkins and Tombstones

Elle and Easton LOVE Halloween--all the scary decorations, all the Halloween activities, getting pumpkins, carving them, and of course, picking out a costume. We have a lot of fun, but I have to admit, by the end of the month, I'm sort of relieved when it is all over. I'm glad they love it though and I love to make it fun for them.

GARDNER VILLAGE



Our kids look forward to seeing the witches at Gardner Village every year. It's fun to wander around and find them all. And of course, we always make a stop at the candy store.


PUMPKIN FUN

We went to Mabey's Pumpkin Patch and Elle and Easton got to pick out their own pumpkins. (Jayne fell asleep on the way there so we picked out one for her.) They loved walking up and down the rows searching for the perfect pumpkin and couldn't believe how big some of them were.



They couldn't wait to carve their pumpkins! Elle wanted to carve hers like her Halloween costume, so she carved a vampire and it turned out awesome! Easton wanted to make his a "Super Mario" pumpkin like his costume, but I had no idea how to do that. Luckily, he found a skull that he liked from a pattern book we have so he poked all the holes and I helped him carve it. I think it turned out pretty scary and he loved it! Don helped Jayne carve hers and did a cute jack-o-lantern smile.



Elle and Easton LOVE all the decorations. They are always telling us how our house is boring and not scary enough so they were thrilled when we went and got a few scary tombstones and spiderwebs for our front yard.



How cute is Jayne? I love this little girl!

1 comment:

Kristin said...

This is the first year Piper hasn't been terrified of the witches at Gardner Village :)