Lots of hanging out (The laptops were always close because both my brothers are in 3 different fantasy football leagues and had to follow it all.)
Elle and our adorable nephew, Alec
It was so nice to spend time with my dad. The kids love their grandpa and love that he always takes them to Target to pick out a toy when he comes.
Christmas Eve Dinner-My dad, Josh, my mom, Don, Scott, Heidi, Connie
We had a little program on Christmas Eve. Elle was so excited to play Christmas songs for everyone while we sang and she did a great job! Jayne was right there with her. She LOVES music!
Elle hand wrote programs for everyone listing the songs she planned to play and the verses. It was pretty cute!
My sister, Heather, lives in Texas and was really bummed they couldn't come for Christmas too so she wanted to be with us through Skype. We missed them tons!
It has been a tradition since we were kids to act out the nativity. Usually Elle always wants to be Mary, but this year, she insisted on being an angel. So, I was Mary and Easton was Joseph. My brother Josh was a wise man and my brother Scott got to be the donkey. He was thrilled, of course. Doesn't he make a great donkey?
We always open a present on Christmas Eve and the kids have caught on that it is always new pajamas. They love it though!
We got the book "Elf on the Shelf" this year and the next morning, Christmas Elf appeared on top of our kitchen cupboards. Every morning after, the kids would rush upstairs to see where he would be sitting next. Christmas Eve, they were really surprised to find him hanging from the ceiling. Funny little Elf! Elle and Easton loved having him around and were extra good because they knew he would report back to Santa. We hope he comes back next year.
We left cookies and milk and a letter for Santa. Elle has learned in school how it is good to ask questions in letters and not just ask for things. I think it is a pretty cute letter.
Elle and Easton both asked for Star Wars Legos from Santa so they were excited! It was definitely a Star Wars Christmas.
We draw names for sibling gifts in my family and we had my brother Scott, Heidi and Alec this year. We were so excited to get Alec this little dog, Scout. Jayne loves hers so we hope Alec will too.
Elle REALLY wanted an Ipod for Christmas! Her face was priceless when she opened it up. She was so excited!!!
What Easton wanted very most for Christmas was a Star Wars bed. He saw a picture in a catalog that came and I told him that he already had a bed. Then he said, "Ok, well not the hard stuff, just the soft stuff." So, we got him some Star Wars sheets and wow does he love them! He was hugging them when he opened the box! It was so funny! Worth every penny! Now, I don't know how I will ever wash them because he doesn't want them to ever come off.
Easton's is obsessed with two things right now--Star Wars and BYU--so he was really excited that he got a BYU tie from Don
Now it's on! Scott just happened to be wearing his Utah shirt. My brothers both went to the U so Easton argued the whole time with them that BYU is better! At one point he was crying because he got hurt and he said that he would only feel better if Josh would like BYU better than Utah. He was being serious too!
Elle and Easton got spoiled by their Uncle Josh who got them remote control R2D2s which they both chose to take to their show-and-tell for school.
Don's mom and Natalie (Jay's daughter) compiled this book with journal entries and letters Jay wrote in his life. Jay was constantly trying to better himself, which is why it is entitled "Change Me." It is an amazing record of Jay's life and has been fun to read.
The best presents are the ones the kids make for us. I love them! Elle colored this picture for Don and made us a hot pad at school.
Easton colored a picture of BYU cougars for Don and painted this picture of a Christmas tree for me. I love it! He is such a good little artist.
My favorite part of Christmas is after the presents are all opened and we just get to relax and play with the kids. We don't go anywhere or worry about a huge dinner. We just get to be with our kids and enjoy their new toys. I love it! (Playing Ice Breaker)
Don and Elle playing Connect 4

I think after an hour of putting together Lego ships for the kids, Don was wondering what in the world Santa was thinking getting this for them. Aren't they supposed to be putting them together?
I think after an hour of putting together Lego ships for the kids, Don was wondering what in the world Santa was thinking getting this for them. Aren't they supposed to be putting them together?
Heidi was so sweet to play game after game of Ice Breaker with Easton. It made his whole day! Hmmm...Favorite aunt?
SNOWSHOEING
We wanted to do something outside with my brothers while they were in town so we took them snowshoeing by Donut Falls. I'm pretty sure they loved it! How could you not with this view?
Don and Sum
Scott and Heidi
The boys--Scott, Josh and Don
Sum and Heidi
Heidi and I stopped to make some snow angels
What a great week! I love being with my family!

2 comments:
Awe I miss you guys!!! You hosted the perfect Christmas. Thanks again for having us. By the way, Alec LOVES his little dog Scout!
Looks like a fabulous Christmas! I love e new pictures on the side! I really just want to kiss and snuggle Jayne
,I miss Bree at that size!
Post a Comment