Sunday, January 9, 2011

Happy Birthday baby Jayne!!!

Our baby girl turned two the week before Christmas! I can't believe it! I guess she really isn't a baby anymore, but she is still my baby. I remember the day she was born, like it was yesterday. We were shocked, scared, overwhelmed...I wish I could go back and tell myself then that it was going to be ok. I wish I could have seen then a glimpse of how we feel now. But I guess it was all a part of the process of healing and understanding and growing. We had to go through the pain to really appreciate the joy. We have grown, we have been stretched and our definition of beauty and perfection has been broadened and redefined. Life is definitely more beautiful--47 chromosomes and all! Jayne is ours...and she is perfect! Happy Birthday to our sweet little Jayne!

My favorite things about Jayne...
-Her ability to brighten up anyone's day just by smiling at them
-The way she scoots over and pats anyone that is sad or crying to try and make them feel better
-Her sweet hugs and kisses
-The way she says "Mmmm" when she is eating something yummy
-How much she LOVES her small pink silky and soft blanket and rubs it on her face
-How much she loves her baby dolls, purses, and phones
-How she loves the piano and music. She will scream in the car until I put on "Belle" and when the song is over, she claps.
-Her sweet, yet spunky personality--she knows what she wants and she will let you know too!












TEA PARTY
We had a little impromptu tea party for Jayne and a few little friends to celebrate her special day. Jayne is already "all girl" and loves purses, necklaces, babies and princesses so of course, it was a princess party.





Ila, Jayne and Roxy



Little Princesses Roxy, Ila, Mia and Jayne



Jayne is all hugs and cuddles with us but she didn't want anything to do with Roxy when she tried to give her a hug. She lights up when we talk about her little friends and even tries to say their names but then gets all shy when she sees them. It is pretty funny!



Jayne absolutely loved her new phone, necklace and purse from Mia!


FAMILY PARTY

We had some family over to our house for dinner to celebrate Jayne's big day. (Glenn, Tami, Don, Diane, Don)



If the camera comes out, Jayne knows how to "cheese!" It is pretty cute!



Clapping after we sang "Happy Birthday" to her. Jayne LOVES music and singing!



She is a natural mama and knew just what to do with the new baby that Don and I got her






Elle was so excited to help Jayne open her presents and even made a sign in the background that said "Beware and watch out! This is the queen's chair!" My Elle Belle loves a party she is the best big sister to Jayne! She used every last cent of her own money that she has saved since August to buy a birthday and Christmas present for Jayne and a Christmas present for Easton. I am so proud of her.



Easton was so excited for Jayne's party. He insisted on dressing up for it and came upstairs with his church clothes on so he would look his best. He couldn't wait to give Jayne the princess jewelry he got her with his own money. How did I get such sweet kids?



Grandma Irene brought Jayne some cute books




Grandma Diane and Grandpa Don got her this adorable book and stuffed elephant to go with it



The favorite gift of the night though was from Uncle Ken, who didn't even get to stay long enough to see her open her gifts. She LOVES this little piano and played it all night.



And of course--birthday cake!

2 comments:

Bethany said...

She is sooo adorable!

Heidi & Scott Smith said...

Jayne is adorable in these pics! For some reason she looks so much older. Maybe it is all the dress up and necklaces :)