Elle was so excited to find out that she got 2nd place for her age group in the Reflections Visual Arts contest at her school! The theme was "Together We Can" and she decided to color a picture of people planting flowers and trees & picking up litter. The title is "Together we can help the earth."
Later in the week they had an assembly to have the first drawing for Ken Garff's "Road to Success." It is a program to encourage reading at school and each child gets to put a slip in their box for reading so many days each week. The more you read, the better your chances to win. Elle loves to read! When we go to check on her at night before we go to bed, there are books everywhere and she is fast asleep with the light on. I think she stays up for a couple of hours reading. The day of the assembly, Elle called me on the phone from her classroom and told me that her name was drawn in front of the whole school and she won a bike! I heard the whole class cheer in the background as she told me. It was really cute! I just wish I could have been at the assembly. She was so excited! She said, "Mom, I guess this is a winning week for me." It made me happy to know that she felt so good inside. We went and picked a bike out from Walmart when she got home from school that day. She loves it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment